Practicing Medicine with the Smart Phone and Social Media
How to thrive with new technologies and new consumer expectations
Over the years, new technologies have transformed the practice of medicine. They have also have been disruptive to the status quo. What are the anticipated new technologies in the next several years, and how do we retool our practices and organizations to take maximum advantage of these new technologies? How do we more effectively evaluate new technologies for our organization? Dr. Berkowitz will discuss the role of five new, disruptive technologies and how to best incorporate them into the successful delivery of health care.
“How do we retool our practices and organizations to take maximum advantage of these new technologies?”
Presentation Objectives :
1. Discuss how the implementation of the electronic medical record and ICD-10 will revolutionize medicine as the assembly line did to manufacturing 100 years ago.
2. Discuss the role of technologies that change the level of care- from inpatient to outpatient to home, and how integrated systems best incorporate this new technology.
3. Review how transparency has been the best thing for quality since antibiotics! Now, what will happen with price transparency?
4. Review the role of genomics and how they will change the course of population management and personalized patient care.
5. By practicing medicine on the Smart-phone… how it will ultimately change one of the key factors in medicine- the doctor/patient relationship.