…How to both remain successful and community-focused
All hospitals are facing unprecedented challenges with the pressures of cost reduction, maintaining quality / patient satisfaction, and developing integrated networks of care. The rural and community hospital has unique challenges in these arenas, which can ultimately effect the very viability of the institution. Trustees have more responsibilities than ever before. Critical decisions regarding service lines, medical staff availability and engagement, and tertiary care support are now top of mind. How does the community hospital best relate and work with tertiary Systems? What are the best practice models for both the community hospital and the Systems to be successful?
- Discuss the role of transparency and how it effects strategic planning, quality, competition, reimbursement and survivability
- Review the concept of “Keep the Care Here as Long as it is Safe”
- Discuss the continuum of staying independent through merging, at what option works best for your hospital at this time
- Discuss the importance of a hospital- physician strategy– staffing and employment versus contract
- Review the options for partnering with tertiary care systems– and what is best for your institution